Friday, May 14, 2010

The Difference is N-eggligible


There are a few things I will probably miss in food land.  Eggs are very high on that list. To cram in the veggies I'm supposed to have everyday, I have often scrambled up a few eggs, and thrown about every veggie I could find in the fridge along in the pan.  It's a great way to make a quick healthy and filling meal.  Today I tried my hand at scramble tofu, and I have to say it was strikingly delish!  It was reminiscent of egg whites, and not weird at all.  I sauted the veggies (asparagus and kale) in sesame oil, which coincidentally is yumminess in a bottle.  Just one teaspoon will do it, and your veggies will take on an exotic, smoky sexiness.  I sprinkled the whole deal with shoyu.  Perfection!  Yesterday wasn't a stellar day.  I bought cinnamon bread from the Amish at the farmer's market (no eggs or butter), and had a too late snack in front of the crap TV I watch every Thursday.  Today has started back on the right track. This is definitely a guilt buster for sure!

No comments: