Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vegan Cookie Dough Bon Bons


So, yeah. This is not health food. I had to whip up some treats to share, and I only had ingredients to prepare something not so guilt free. So I thought: Who doesn't love cookie dough?  Maybe my family is an anomaly when it comes to this, but there have been a few throw-downs at our house over who gets to lick the cookie dough spoon. What's great about this recipe is that you don't have to worry about salmonella because there are no eggs. Bonus! This is a bit of a variation of Cookie Dough Scoops from Vegan Cookies Take Over Your Cookie Jar. I doubled the recipe to be able to share more, and changed a few things to fit what I had in my pantry.  These taste much better when frozen, so if you're transporting them, make sure to take them out of the freezer just before you leave, or they'll be the consistency of cookie dough which is not necessarily a bad thing IMO. Make sure to make people eat them all, so you take home NONE :)

Vegan Cookie Dough Bon Bons

2 C. Brown Sugar (dark if you have it)
1/2 C. Almond Milk
1 C. Earth Balance Vegan Butter
1 T. Vanilla 
3 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
1/2 t. Salt
2 C. Vegan Chocolate Chips

For the Drizzle
1 C. Vegan Chocolate Chips
2 T. Soy Creamer

Beat sugar and butter together. Add almond milk, and vanilla, and beat until combined.  Add the salt and flour, and beat until fluffy. Add chocolate chips. Using a large cookie sheet covered with parchment, scoop out tablespoon sized balls of dough onto parchment. Next add chocolate chips and creamer in a pan over very low heat.  Stir until melted.  Pour melted chocolate into a zip lock bag, and cut the tip off.  Drizzle over bon bons.  Place cookie sheet in the freezer until frozen, about an hour or longer. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

wally & willow said...

Lovely way to finish the bon bons! I'll have to try it with my chocolate chip vegan cookie dough bites. I've never been able to be that ambitious with the chocolate, because I can't stop myself from eating all the dough right away! http://www.carenbaginski.com/blog/vegan/chocolate-chip-vegan-cookie-dough-bites/