Monday, August 23, 2010

In search of the perfect wrap


So if you've wondered where I've been, I've been on a quest to make the perfect wrap. There's a little vegan restaurant called FÜD here in Kansas City that we've been to a few times. There they have the most incredible wraps and other delectable fare. I'm not usually one to order a glorified sandwich, but man are they good at FÜD. I think I'm most fascinated with the sauces that adorn almost every dish. Each sauce is of course vegan, and spectacularly great. I wouldn't know how to replicate them if I tried. The owner is going to have some classes that I'm really excited about. Being there has totally inspired me to come up with my own wraps that are super delicious. I love wraps because they are the perfect throw together lunch or dinner. This particular wrap was sautéed onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and generously sprinkled with curry powder. I mixed a few tablespoons of vegenaise, a few more sprinkles of curry, a little nutritional yeast and thinned it with a tad of water for the sauce. I think I may have to make this one again :)

7 comments:

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan said...

I just recently wrote a review on FuD! I was wowed by Heidi's goji cheddar and the wild rice "meat."

Vegan Piggy said...

I am in love with that place, seriously! The goji cheddar is amazing. I have to learn how to make it, and the wild rice meat is delicious as well. I am all about supporting local business as well, so I will be found there often :)

LittleHouseofVeggies said...

I am a wrap-a-holic! I could have them every single day foor the rest of my life and never get sick of them!

Kylea said...

Tara - these look amazing! Can't wait to try FUD! Their menu looks so fabulous!! In the meantime, I will have to give these a go!

Vegan Piggy said...

You should definitely try FUD Kylea. I love it, and might be a little obsessed with it. Heidi, the owner is an amazing cook. I'll go with you for lunch sometime if you ever want to try it :)

Shannon said...

My husband is from KC and we will be there in November...I really want to try this FUD restaurant now. I hope we can, his family is very "meat & potatoes" but we'll see!!

Vegan Piggy said...

You should Shannon :) Nate's favorite is the Portobello wrap which I really love as well. We got the rainbow wrap last time and split the taco special (which they normally have as well.) And you have to have the cashew ice cream. Yum! The ingredients are always so fresh, and I think the owner is really sweet and talented.