Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vegan Veggie Chili and Cornbread by Morgan



I think this is the last day for a while that I'm going to borrow recipes from other blogs....I think. The problem is that no matter how little I read this or that blog, there is alllllways something I want to try. Being fall and all Morgan's Veggie Chili and Cornbread were calling my name. I hadn't made a vegan chili yet, so this was the perfect recipe to try. This was also the first time I have used Yves Meatless Ground. I was really happy with it, and will try it in something else soon. The cornbread was a delicious addition as well. The only thing I changed about the chili was to add a few teaspoons of smoked paprika (as I'm inclined to do in most chili recipes.) It adds a nice smokiness to chili. Oh, and I added an additional can of beans, and summer squash. You don't have to change a thing though, but I can't help myself when I'm in arm's reach of other random ingredients to add to an already great recipe. Thank you for all the awesome recipes Morgan! I can't wait for you to publish, so I can have a cookbook full of them :)

3 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Awwww....Thanks so much! Im glad you liked the chili and cornbread! SOunds like you are like me. When I am making a recipe that isnt mine, I ALWAYS change it up a little. haha.

claire said...

I have really been craving chili since its been getting cold out! Looks delicious and I love corn bread!

Kylea Rorabaugh said...

Yum! I agree - I rarely make a recipe as it's written! I am always adding or subtracting or subbing - that makes it more fun, right?! I am impressed - going for making your own individual recipes now. That is awesome and I can't wait to read what you do. I love to experiment too but am not confident enough in my vegan cooking yet to do it completely without other recipes. :-)